Filtering by Category: Powertrain

Optimizing the Powertrain to Meet Emissions and Fuel-Efficiency Requirements

The global automotive industry continues to focus on developing cleaner, more highly efficient powertrain technologies to meet strict emission standards and consumer desire to pay less at the pump.  The demand for alternative and fuel-efficient combustion engine powertrain solutions shows no signs of slowing, and a forecast from J.D. Power and Associate’s strategic partner LMC Autmotive predicts that by 2025, 36 percent of new passenger vehicles in the global market will have alternative powertrains. J.D. Power also states that the remaining 64 percent of passenger vehicles will be equipped with conventional gasoline engines with much more fuel-efficient transmissions.

Read More

Categories: Efficiency, Fuel Economy, Light Vehicle, Thermal Management, Powertrain, Turbocharging

Published on .

No Comments